What are your thoughts on Stewed Cabbage?! It took some convincing for the team to try this but it was a winner.
This humble cabbage dish is simple to make and also surprisingly healthy, even with chunks of crunchy ham tossed in. Plus, it is full of flavours. What’s not to like!
Stewed Summer Cabbage with Serrano Ham
1 kg Summer cabbage, finely sliced
4 dl Full fat cream (37% or more)
100 gr Serrano ham, sliced and chopped into thin strips
50 gr Parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Put the cabbage in a canteen and add the cream.
2. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Toss the Serrano ham on the top of the cabbage.
4. Put the canteen in he oven.
5. When the cabbages is cooked at the parsley and stir before serving.
Cook according to following method:
– Preheat – CombiSmart® function – 220°C – 60% humidity
– Load the oven and set the timer for 5 minutes.
If you use other types of cabbage the time may be extended. The special
canteen is needed to obtain the quick cooking time.
Do not hesitate to send us comments or share pictures of your recipes made in HOUNÖ ovens on social media using hashtag #dancerecipes #foodwelove